The Raw Advantage Patented Secret Best Raw Pizza Crust Recipe
So stoked to share a recipe that so many people tell me is the best Raw Pizza Crust Recipe they have ever had!
Watch the Video to enjoy the Making of my Patented Secret Special Ultra Delicious Best Raw Pizza Crust Recipe!
I hope you enjoy the Video, Written Recipe Below!
Having been in the raw food world for over a decade (written in 2014) now I have tried my fair share of raw Pizza. While I have had some pretty awesome ones I have always felt a need to create a simple, easy to Digest, more Deep Dish feeling soft crust that you can pick up and doesn’t fall apart. I also wanted to make this rawvolutionary best Raw Pizza Crust Recipe low fat and still delicious…
Well, I can say I have done Just that!
PS be sure to check out the Deluxe Pizza Toppings video to complete the best raw vegan pizza recipe, hands down!! More info is below!
Before we get into the best raw pizza crust recipe itself if you like pizza and want to become the ultimate raw pizza ninja…
I’m excited to say that you have no need to dream, after 5 more years of raw pizza-specific RnD I feel so blessed to bring you my newest Book/Ebook
Frickin Rawsome Pizza!
Enjoy your step-by-step recipe guide filled with 18 of my absolute favorite pizza recipes,
– 8 new quicker, tastier, and easier to make low to no-fat pizza crust recipes
– 12 delicious sauce recipes
– loads of simple and low-fat raw gourmet toppings
– 6 creamy cheese recipes
all ready to combine to make your own custom pizzas sure to satisfy all of your pizza cravings!
I can honestly say that these pizzas are better than 99% of the cooked pizzas I have had in my life!
This recipe book also has fine-tuned tips to help you make the toppings taste and texture of your old favorite cooked pizzas!
Now I have to be honest, when I first posted this “Best Raw Pizza Crust Recipe” it 100% was the best raw vegan pizza crust recipe that I had ever made and/or seen in the raw world…
That said the pizza recipes and specifically the new improved crust recipes in “Frickin Rawsome Pizza” take raw vegan pizza to a completely new level, and even better can be done in under 1/3 of the time!
Enjoy 96 pages of Frickin Rawsome Pizza on 100% Recycled Paper with a Coil Binding!
Prefer an ebook? Download yours and start making Frickin Rawsome Pizza’s today!
Learn a ton more and see some of the pizza recipes in the link above!
Back to the OG Best Raw Pizza Crust Recipe that started it all!
PS Watch the Video for the size of the ingredients and how to put them together, I always recommend going with weights rather than numbers of each ingredient…
I will explain the process below but sometimes seeing it once really helps!
The Best Raw Pizza Crust Recipe
(1 big crust, serves 2-4)
3 big Zucchini (1.5 lb / 680 g)
1 big Tomato (.33 lb / 150 g)
Full handful Sun Dried Tomato (1/2 cup)
A small handful of Basil (.1 lb / 45 g)
2-4 leaves of Oregano (.5 tsp / 2.5 ml)
6-10 Chives or 3 Green Onions (.1 lb / 45 g)
2 handfuls of Raw Pumpkin Seeds (.25 cup / 60 g)
2 Medjule Dates – be sure to Pit (.08 lb / 40 g)
1. To start make noodles out of the 2 straightest Zucchini’s (or 2/3’s of the zucchini’s total) using the Saladacco Spiralizer, a Julienne Peeler or the Joyce Chen Spiral Slicer. If you don’t have any of these you can use a grater, peeler, or mandolin trying to get as long strands/noodles as possible and place them all in a big bowl.
2. Next make the sauce (or invent your own sauce) by blending (grab a Vitamix with free shipping here) the Tomato with the rest of the zucchini, add the Dates, Sun-dried Tomatoes, and Pumpkin Seeds, and blend untill smooth.
3. Add the Chives and the herbs, Pulse and blend these to retain maximum flavor, note that over-blended basil gets bitter and less flavorful.
4. Mix the sauce with the noodles well and place on a Teflex Lines Excalibur Dehydrator Tray. This recipe is perfect for the Full Size 5 or 9 Tray Excalibur Dehydrators (Get yours here with free shipping) for awesome raw recipes and for dehydrating tomatoes and fruit when you have an overabundance or for travel and to thicken sauces!
5. Form a Thick Pizza Crust by pushing the noodles down (as shown in the video and the picture below) carefully making sure it is uniformly thick, with a thicker “crust” edge if preferred. The crust should be about 1/2 inch thick across the whole crust.
6. Place in the Dehydrator at 118°, after about 6-8 hours rotate the dehydrator sheets and turn them around, so that the side of the crust closest to the back of the dehydrator is now at the front, to evenly dry.
7. At 16-18 hours carefully flip the raw pizza crust (it should be fully dry on top) by placing an extra Excalibur tray upside down on top of the pizza crust “sandwiching it”. Using both hands flip the trays, place on the counter and remove the top tray, you can then carefully peel off the teflex sheet and place back in the dehydrator.
8. Continue to dry for 1-3 hours or until the raw pizza crust is dry on the bottom side.
Once dry your Shell is Ready!!!
The whole process of making the crust and toppings can take 21 -24 hours, it’s best to start just before dinner on the day before you want to have the Pizza Party in order to have it all ready!
If you want to take it all up a notch be sure to check out my Deluxe Pizza Toppings video here!
Trust me, it is beyond delicious! 🙂
To make a very basic Pizza,
1. Line the top of the crust with a layer of leafy greens, I love Spinach and arugula, but any green with medium to large leaves will do.
2. Place your favorite Pasta or Pizza Sauce on top, Such as in my “Frickin Rawsome Pizza” Recipe book
3. Top with any toppings you like. My Favorite toppings are Green Onions, Diced Red Pepper, Pineapple, and Mushrooms!! MMM
4. Dehydrate for another 2-4 hours until perfectly done, cut, and Serve up
The Best Raw Pizza Party Ever!!
I hope you love this “Best Raw Pizza Crust Recipe”, let me know in the comments below, and have fun trying different sauces and toppings! 🙂
Wishing You Much
Where have you been all my pizza-life? I love pizza, but cooked, as I never heard about a raw one. I ate so much, that my arteries had a severe pig-out hangover and I had to be rushed into the hospital for 2 stent procedures. So, I decided to go clean and found many raw detoxs on Youtube; now you. I'm on a 30-day detox program. When I get off, I will dfinitely do your pizza.
Thanks a heap!
Ohh I hope you Loved it, Do let me know!! Pizza Lovers Unite.. PS i have 5 in the dehydrator right now for a party!!! weeee
It’s hard to find your blog in google. I found it on 13 spot, you should
build quality backlinks , it will help you to rank to google top 10.
I know how to help you, just type in google – k2 seo tips and tricks
Thanks Much I will haveto look into that! 🙂
Dude what is the consistancy you are going for? Should it be completly dry?
I like it so its fully dry to the touch but has a bit of spongyness or otherwords isnt like a Dry Crispy noodle. 🙂
Looking forward 2 trying! But who can Afford all the EXPENSIVE EQUIPMENT NECESSARY?? Vitamix, excaliber dehydrator, top of line juicer plus seperate wheat grass juicer, food processor, spirilizer, etc, etc etc! Seriously dude i have been doing vegan the cheap way but would SO LOVE TO DO RAW VEGAN BUT CANNOT AFFORD ALL THE NECESSARY EQUIPMENT- as a jewelry maker/artist my budget barely pays for organic foods! No way i can afford brands like Vita-mix & Excalibre. Been using my crappy cheap blender & equally crappy dehydrator and they just don’t get it. ( had them long b4 i heardvof the quality equipment u r using
I absolutely hear ya, I didn’t have a Excalibur for the first 10 years I was raw, personally I don’t need a juicer and while a spirolozer is great one can get by without / with a grater or a julienne peeler. A vitamix imho is the best investment a raw foodist can make but for sure you can get by without, just makes it wayyyyy nicer. If it’s a priority anyone can make it happen, my vitamix was a huge investment in my health for me and soooo well worth it, the other stuff I went for when I had the cash. I’d recommend a refurbished vitamix as the first investment
I’ve had a refurbished Vitamix for several years and it works perfectly.
Always good quality and still a 5 year warranty too! 🙂
Beautiful! Looks wonderful. I do a zucchini crust pizza too…it’s delicious….one of my favorites!
Thanks much for the love, blessed to hear you enjoy it too!! 🙂
My crust came out like the thickness and consistency of a fruit roll-up. Did I do something wrong? thank you!
Blessings Jennifer, generally the result is about 2-3 times thicker than that and less chewy than a fruit roll up, it sounds like there either was more water in the ingredients you used or that it was dehydrated too long. Did you use a scale to make sure the amounts of ingredients or did you go by pieces rather than weight? This said the crust it self can be a bit finicky and takes some getting used to preparing to perfect how thick you make it. If you havent checked out my new pizza book yet i would highly recommend it as the crusts in there are even better, more consistent, cheeper and easier to make. Hope this helps 🙂
Blessings to you! Thank you for your quick response 🙂 I used these ingredients:
3 big Zucchini (1.5 lb / 680 g)
1 big Tomato (.33 lb / 150 g)
Full handful Sun-Dried Tomato’s (1/2 cup) (not soaked)
Small handful Basil (dried instead of fresh)
2-4 leaves of Oregano (2 large leaves from the garden, has more liquid than the small leaves)
6-10 Chives or 3 Green Onions (3 green onions)
2 handfuls Raw Pumpkin Seeds
2 Medjool Dates (be sure to Pit)
And, then I dehydrated it for 8 hours. At any rate, the fruit roll-up still tasted so good! So I proceeded to place the greens filling in the holes with spinach and arugula, add the tomato sauce, then the amazing pineapple-infused toppings, along with the mac cheese and it was so delicious I ate the whole pizza! I’m payin’ for it today Ahahaha
Blessings Jennifer 🙂
More than my pleasure, indeed if there was holes in the crust and that thin then it seems either the wet crust Wasn’t thick enough or it was dehydrated too long. If it was made into a square crust covering the whole sheet that could be it. It needs be thicker than one would think and then it stays a bit thicker when dried. I highly recommend the new book and crust tho, was easier, tastier faster and less expensive too.
Happy you enjoyed!